Django

  • eelcoh
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006

      I just unslung my NSLU2, so please consider me a newbie.

      Connecting to the apache webserver at 10.0.0.20:8000 works fine, but i
      encountered a silly problem with Django's webserver (py-django).

      I am running the django webserver on port 8080. Now, the server works
      fine, since i can see the django welcome page if, in an ssh-session, i
      point the elinks browser to http://localhost:8080 or
      http://127.0.0.1:8080.
      But somehow i can't connect from a browser on another machine
      (http://10.0.0.20:8080): "Firefox can't establish a connection to the
      server at 10.0.0.20:8080".

      What is blocking the server from the outside world?

      eelco
    • Brian Zhou
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
        Strictly speaking this is a django question.

        By default django only launches the webserver listening on the
        localhost port, which IMHO is a good idea. To override, start the
        command line with

        $ python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000

        -Brian

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "eelcoh" <eelcoh@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I just unslung my NSLU2, so please consider me a newbie.
        >
        > Connecting to the apache webserver at 10.0.0.20:8000 works fine, but i
        > encountered a silly problem with Django's webserver (py-django).
        >
        > I am running the django webserver on port 8080. Now, the server works
        > fine, since i can see the django welcome page if, in an ssh-session, i
        > point the elinks browser to http://localhost:8080 or
        > http://127.0.0.1:8080.
        > But somehow i can't connect from a browser on another machine
        > (http://10.0.0.20:8080): "Firefox can't establish a connection to the
        > server at 10.0.0.20:8080".
        >
        > What is blocking the server from the outside world?
        >
        > eelco

      • eelcoh
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Zhou" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

          > Strictly speaking this is a django question.
          >
          > By default django only launches the webserver listening on the
          > localhost port, which IMHO is a good idea. To override, start the
          > command line with
          >
          > $ python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000

          That works. Thank you so much!

          eelco