Re: Getting a little frustrated

  • rakrektrek
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2004
      I am having the exact same problem. I thought I had a defective unit.
      But if other people are having this problem maybe there will be a fix
      soon.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, <hishnga@h...> wrote:
      > One more observation. I just enable Telnet and when I telnet into
      the NSLU2
      > the Ethernet port goes offline also.
      >
      > Maybe I should hit the big reset button on the back and then power
      it off.
      > Maybe that will reset it all the way.
      >
      > Any other ideas?
      >
      > Thanks!

    • Colin Ho
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
        Are you by chance using a D-Link DI-624 router?

        If so you may want to consult the FAQ on the wiki.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, <hishnga@h...> wrote:
        > One more observation. I just enable Telnet and when I telnet into
        the NSLU2
        > the Ethernet port goes offline also.
        >
        > Maybe I should hit the big reset button on the back and then power
        it off.
        > Maybe that will reset it all the way.
        >
        > Any other ideas?
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Computer Guy
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
          That was definitely the problem for me; I have the NSLU2 with the current
          firmware version plus the D-Link DI-624 router. Following something I read
          online I disabled UPnP on both the router and the NSLU2. Once I did that,
          my connectivity issues went away. So much for the "Universal" part of UPnP!

          Are you by chance using a D-Link DI-624 router?

          If so you may want to consult the FAQ on the wiki.

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, <hishnga@h...> wrote:
          > One more observation. I just enable Telnet and when I telnet into
          the NSLU2
          > the Ethernet port goes offline also.
          >
          > Maybe I should hit the big reset button on the back and then power
          it off.
          > Maybe that will reset it all the way.
          >
          > Any other ideas?
          >
          > Thanks!