having a problem with installation...

  • seventy_five_highboy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2004
      I am using a Seagate 300GB drive with my NSLU2. I cannot for the
      life of me get the drive recognized while plugged into USB port 1. I
      can get it recognized (an subsequently formatted) only while plugged
      into port 2. Any suggestions? BTW- this is a stock (out of the box)
      NSLU2- firmware: V2.3R24. I have not EVER used a USB flash drive
      with this NSLU2. One last item- if I switch the Seagate drive from
      port 1 to 2 (with power off and power cord pulled, of course), the
      NSLu2 seems to "lock" or "hang" during boot-up. The ready LED
      flashes forever. Twice I've noticed this and had to pull power and
      restart it. Works fine then. Do I possibly have a bad NSLU2?
      Thanks for the help,
      John