Re: [nslu2-general] Puppy and Topfield PVR

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 28, 2006
      bb wrote:
      > is anyone using puppy to communicate between an nslu2 and a Topfield PVR?

      A bit of history: Communicating with the Topfield PVR is actually the
      reason that I started this whole nslu2-linux project over 2 years ago.

      > im debating buying a topfield, and am currently using debianslug LE. Most
      > users of puppy appear to be running unslung, although I have downloaded the
      > sources and compiled them fine on debianslug - I wondered if there were any
      > issues with communicating over the USB, or if anyone had experience with the
      > Topfield.

      I use ftpd-topfield daily with TED/S. It runs on Unslung and SlugOS
      (both /BE and /LE). It has not been packaged for Debian/NSLU2, but the
      SlugOS/LE executable should run unmodified on Debian/NSLU2.

      -- Rod