Puppy and Topfield PVR

  • bb
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2006
      sluggers,

      is anyone using puppy to communicate between an nslu2 and a Topfield PVR?

      im debating buying a topfield, and am currently using debianslug LE. Most
      users of puppy appear to be running unslung, although I have downloaded the
      sources and compiled them fine on debianslug - I wondered if there were any
      issues with communicating over the USB, or if anyone had experience with the
      Topfield.

      thanks in advance

      db

    • Stanley P. Miller
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 27, 2006
        Same version of refox here but on Linux and it is fine.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Gane" <steve@...> wrote:

        > One of the Wiki pages seems to be a little sick.
        >
        > For me, the page
        > "http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/SpinDownUSBHarddisks" dispalys as
        > complete rubbish in Firefox (version 1.5.0.7 for Windows), but looks
        > OK in MS IE. All the other pages I have visited are fine.
        >
        > So I saved off the HTML from both browsers and diff'ed it. A lot of
        > the links on the LHS appeared corrupt in the Firefox version. e.g.
        > href='http://tipkgfndenslu2-linux.org ...' and
        > 'http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Mite/SAllReenteChanges'>All Reente
        > Wkil Changes/t>'
        >
        > In fact, much of the non-editable (at least by the likes of me!) parts
        > are complete nonsense. The first difference is where it should say
        > "rel='nofollow'>Trac Bug Tracker</a>" and instead has
        > "rel='nofollow'>Trac x et'nt-nmer/a>"
        >
        > Now this is a page that keeps getting hit by spammers. Does it use a
        > funny character set or something? Does anyone else see this problem?
        > Or am I just going mad?
        >
        > Steve

      • Ciemon Dunville
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 28, 2006
          Same here with Firefox 2.0/Linux

          Ciemon

          On 27/10/06, Philip Tait <philip@...> wrote:
          > I just loaded the page with Firefox 2.0/Linux - everything looks OK.
          >
          > Philip
        • stuart smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 28, 2006
            db, I looked at puppy and had it running on my slug using unslung. I finally decided it was easier to install the toppy ftp deamon onto the slug. I was then able to access the files on the toppy from any PC on the network as well as run the topfield EPG daemon and drivers seat. I'm not sure where you are, and how applicable the EPG daemon is to where you are, but its great here in aus.

            Stuart

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 28, 2006
              bb wrote:
              > is anyone using puppy to communicate between an nslu2 and a Topfield PVR?

              A bit of history: Communicating with the Topfield PVR is actually the
              reason that I started this whole nslu2-linux project over 2 years ago.

              > im debating buying a topfield, and am currently using debianslug LE. Most
              > users of puppy appear to be running unslung, although I have downloaded the
              > sources and compiled them fine on debianslug - I wondered if there were any
              > issues with communicating over the USB, or if anyone had experience with the
              > Topfield.

              I use ftpd-topfield daily with TED/S. It runs on Unslung and SlugOS
              (both /BE and /LE). It has not been packaged for Debian/NSLU2, but the
              SlugOS/LE executable should run unmodified on Debian/NSLU2.

              -- Rod