Re: [nslu2-general] Re: CPU Load at 1.00

  • Laurent Gilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 23 2:26 PM

      (why did my last mail get lost ... ?)

      > Hi Razvan, looks like the parameter is called datapath_poll and you
      > should set it to zero when loading the module.

      True. "modinfo ixp400_eth" shows the whole set.

      > However, I wasn't able
      > to get this to work. I'm setting it correctly, but the CPU load is
      > still there. I hope someone else can solve this for us.

      Hint for debianslug: /etc/network/interfaces may load the module.
      /etc/module is ignored for that one.

      And you NEED npe_learning=0 as well. I donĀ“t know why, but w/o that one
      the load stays high.

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Razvan Gornea" <gornea@...> wrote:
      >> Interesting ... could you mention what parameters? And how it may
      > affect the
      >> ethernet performance?

      It does not improve performance enough to bother hunting down the
      parameter. But it does not hurt.