Re: insmod gone crazy?

  • Simon
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 22, 2006
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "harmaarts" <harmaarts@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I am trying to get audio working on my turboslug but so far no luck. I
      > cant even get the kernel modules to load:
      >
      > root@slug:~# insmod soundcore
      > insmod: soundcore: no module by that name found
      >
      > root@slug:~# l /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/drivers/sound/
      > total 12
      > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9170 Jul 10 20:59 soundcore.o
      >
      > So you see it is definitely there. An other odd thing: I was working
      > to get my webcam working and installed the ov511 module. That one
      > _did_ load a couple of days back. Now it doesnt work either! :S I did
      > installed modutils just now just so to use modprobe but it is looking
      > in /opt/lib/something.
      >
      > Any hints?

      I am using OpenSlug (kernel 2.6.16) and I had to install the packages
      as descibed in here:
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SlugAsAudioPlayer
      I found that on start up I had to add the following in a script:
      modprobe snd-mixer-oss
      modprobe snd-usb-oss

      then all works fine, install alsa and mpd, compile and install mpc (to
      try it out)

      it was strange, because alsa's "speaker-test" worked, but MPD wouldn't
      start without the above modprobes on every boot.