Re: Almost full beep with 2.5GB left on disk...

  • peecock41
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "mshilly" <mshill@r...> wrote:

      > With more than 2.5GBytes still available on a 160GB disk (98%+ of
      > capacity), the NSLU2 starts beeping and I see a couple of messages
      in
      > the server.log file that indicate that it is almost full. I delete
      > 2GB video file and it stops beeping.
      >
      > In this case 2.5GB is still quite a bit of space (I don't even have
      > that much in MP3s on it), why does it beep with so much space
      > available?

      The program to do this is a standard Linksys binary, and cannot be
      changed. I guess it checks for percentage usage, not absolute values.
      The bigger the disk, the bigger the leftover space when it complains
      about disk full.

      If you don't like it, you can always command out the line
      in /etc/crontab.

      Albert