Re: Problem installing rsync ipkg

  • PJ Cabrera
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <unslung@g...> wrote:

      > That error message is indicative of an i386 executable trying to be
      > run on the slug.
      >
      > This has been fixed. Should be uploaded within the hour - look for
      > version 2.6.3-3
      >
      > -- Rod

      Hi there,

      Finally got home to try out the new rsync ipk. No luck.

      ~ # ipkg remove rsync
      Removing package rsync from root...
      killall: rsync: no process killed
      prerm script returned status 1

      ~ # ipkg update
      Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/ipkg/Packages
      Updated list of available packages in /usr/lib/ipkg/lists/unslung

      ~ # ipkg upgrade

      ~ # ipkg install rsync
      Installing rsync (2.6.3-3) to root...
      Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/ipkg/rsync_2.6.3-3_armeb.ipk
      Configuring rsync
      /opt/bin/rsync: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
      postinst script returned status 2
      ERROR: rsync.postinst returned 2

      Thanks for your time in any case, it was time I build my own cross
      toolchain anyhow. :-)

      PJ Cabrera