Re: [nslu2-general] Spinning down usb harddrives

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2006
      absolutemagnitude wrote:
      > Somebody should update that page to list it as one of the working
      > enclosures.

      That "someone" would be you - it is a wiki.

      -- Rod
    • Michael Grigoriev
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2006
        On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 07:13:32AM +0930, Rod Whitby wrote:
        > That "someone" would be you - it is a wiki.

        Wow, really?? Why didn't I think of that myself?
        Oh wait... I did:

        Password required
        Password protected pages
        Getting edit access: If you spot a mistake or see an opportunity for
        improvement on a password-protected page, you need to get a password in
        order to edit the page.
        Todo: document the process for getting such a password.

        Have fun,
        Michael "mag" Grigoriev "I see you now
        mag@... Lost in the sound
        http://www.luminal.org Of your resignation"

      • Rod Whitby
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 17, 2006
          The individual howto pages should not be protected, just the top-level home page and top-level howto page.
          -- Rod

          On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 07:13:32AM +0930, Rod Whitby wrote:
          > That 'someone' would be you - it is a wiki.

          Wow, really?? Why didn't I think of that myself?
          Oh wait... I did:

          Password required
          ..

          --
          Have fun,
          Michael 'mag' Grigoriev 'I see you now
          mag@... Lost in the sound
          http://www.luminal.org Of your resignation'

          Messages in this topic (3)
          Reply (via web post)

          Start a new topic
          Messages
          | Files
          | Photos
          | Links
          | Database

        • Michael Grigoriev
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17, 2006
            On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 08:10:00AM +0930, Rod Whitby wrote:
            > The individual howto pages should not be protected, just the top-level
            > home page and top-level howto page.

            Well, there is no HowTo on usb spindown, there's only the FAQ page:
            http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/SpinDownUSBHarddisks
            which is password protected, and which says:

            As of now (June 2006) SDPARM will most certainly NOT WORK on
            non-combo(FW+USB) drives. Tell us if you found further working drives.

            So... somebody (with access) should update that page.

            --
            Have fun,
            Michael "mag" Grigoriev

          • Rod Whitby
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 17, 2006
              Apologies Michael, that specific page was one that we were having a particular wiki-spam problem with, and had to individually password protect. In general, individual howto pages are unprotected.
              I've unprotected that particular page now - let's see if the spam problem re-occurs.
              Thanks for your contribution.
              -- Rod