Re: Problem installing rsync ipkg

  • PJ Cabrera
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby wrote:

      > That error message is indicative of an i386 executable trying to be
      > run on the slug.
      >
      > This has been fixed. Should be uploaded within the hour - look for
      > version 2.6.3-3

      Thanks very much, Rod, for this and everything else you do for us slug
      fanatics! :-)

      Happy holidays, everyone!

      PJ Cabrera
    • PJ Cabrera
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 23, 2004
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <unslung@g...> wrote:

        > That error message is indicative of an i386 executable trying to be
        > run on the slug.
        >
        > This has been fixed. Should be uploaded within the hour - look for
        > version 2.6.3-3
        >
        > -- Rod

        Hi there,

        Finally got home to try out the new rsync ipk. No luck.

        ~ # ipkg remove rsync
        Removing package rsync from root...
        killall: rsync: no process killed
        prerm script returned status 1

        ~ # ipkg update
        Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/ipkg/Packages
        Updated list of available packages in /usr/lib/ipkg/lists/unslung

        ~ # ipkg upgrade

        ~ # ipkg install rsync
        Installing rsync (2.6.3-3) to root...
        Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/ipkg/rsync_2.6.3-3_armeb.ipk
        Configuring rsync
        /opt/bin/rsync: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
        postinst script returned status 2
        ERROR: rsync.postinst returned 2

        Thanks for your time in any case, it was time I build my own cross
        toolchain anyhow. :-)

        PJ Cabrera