Re: External HD enclosure with automatic spindown.

  • Gordon Lalor
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
      Peter Chant <pete@...> writes:

      > On Saturday 30 September 2006 16:56, montanaro83 wrote:
      >
      > > Do you have it?
      > > Have you ever seen it?
      > > Is it true?
      >
      > My one does not, it is Firewire plus USB2. With linux it locks up with
      > Firewire after a time. Not tried firewire with windows. Not sure if it
      > is the unit, my firewire card, linux or a combination of the three.
      >
      > Firewire irrelevent to the slug of course.
      >
      > Can't really help with the question, mine does not spin down but the model
      > number is nowwhere to be found of the unit. Its black if that helps.

      Hi,

      Well mine is grey! I don't know if it is the same model but mine is a combined
      firewire and usb model. It uses a prolific pl3507 chipset, which is very buggy
      in some earlier firmwares when using firewire. Massive corruption under windows
      and lock ups under linux.

      And no automatic spin downs for me either.

      Gordon.