Gallery 2.1.2 with php-thttpd on NSLU2 with Unslung 6.8

  • Jens Heinitz
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
      Hello,

      in the Wiki (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/RunGalleryOnApache) I
      found that someone (Krim) installed Gallery 2 with THTTPD on the Slug. I
      tried to install the Gallery Software after I installed php-thttpd using
      ipkg, but I always see the source code of the PHP files when I try to access
      them in the browser. It seems that my thttpd server is not "php enabled".
      But I don't how to do it.

      Please help!

      Regards

      Jens
    • Simon
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2006
        No help from me - I got the same thing trying to run apache/PHP

        it seems that the web server packages are not configured to use PHP,
        and I couldn't find any good instructions, other than build it all
        from source.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Jens Heinitz"
        <jens.heinitz@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > in the Wiki
        (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/RunGalleryOnApache) I
        > found that someone (Krim) installed Gallery 2 with THTTPD on the
        Slug. I
        > tried to install the Gallery Software after I installed php-thttpd
        using
        > ipkg, but I always see the source code of the PHP files when I try
        to access
        > them in the browser. It seems that my thttpd server is not "php
        enabled".
        > But I don't how to do it.
        >
        > Please help!
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Jens

      • Jens Heinitz
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 22, 2006
          Hi Simon,

          thanks for your reply. In the meantime I switched from thttpd to lighttpd
          and the good thing is that it works. But the bad thing is that it is so slow
          that it is nearly unusable. Any ideas to speed up the slug? I tried to
          figure out what is causing the trouble and if I monitor "top" I can see that
          the memory is the bottleneck. Free Mem is below 1M and swap in use is up to
          >24M. Are there any things that can be configured to reduce the memory
          consumption of the slug?

          Best regards

          Jens

          <jens.heinitz@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > in the Wiki
          (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/RunGalleryOnApache) I
          > found that someone (Krim) installed Gallery 2 with THTTPD on the
          Slug. I
          > tried to install the Gallery Software after I installed php-thttpd
          using
          > ipkg, but I always see the source code of the PHP files when I try
          to access
          > them in the browser. It seems that my thttpd server is not "php
          enabled".
          > But I don't how to do it.
          >
          > Please help!
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Jens

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Simon
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 24, 2006
            You could use the HDD or flash as swap - make a swap partition, tell
            Unslung to use it.