Re: [nslu2-general] Re: gnump3d install help for newbie

  • Brad Donovan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
      No sure what you me by ./configure

      On 9/29/06, harmaarts <harmaarts@...> wrote:

      > Shouldnt you do a ./configure first?
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com <nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "Brad Donovan"
      > <bradleydonovan@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all, I am new to the group and a relative linux newbie. So far I
      > > have managed to get unslung 6.8 working and I have SSH working do to
      > > so excellent instructions I found through the wiki. I am now trying to
      > > get gnump3 working on my slug which is the main reason I bought it. I
      > > have gnump3d working in Ubuntu and I really like this program. I found
      > > the install directions and so far I have installed perl. I also
      > > installed coreutils because I read somewhere that it was nesesary. I
      > > have downloaded the gnump3d files and put them into my root folder.
      > > When I try "make install" I get "make: no such file or directory"
      > > Any help would be very much apreciated. I am new to linux so it might
      > > be something simple but I am stumped.
      > >
      > > Brad
      > >

      > > I am not sure if this belonds in the general group or the linux group
      > > so I posted it in both

    • Brad Donovan
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Harm Aarts" <harmaarts@...> wrote:

        > Hehe, I figured it out. You have to install make firts. 'ipkg
        install make'

        Ok I got it to install and when I run it, it indexes my music collection
        but when I try to access the server it seams to lock up the nslu2 and
        I have to reboot.
      • Harm Aarts
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
          Wow, That's pretty bad. I got it to install but when pointing my browser to
          the relevant ip and port it showed nothing, no error, no htm, nothing. The
          access log did log my visit. I can't help you any further sry.

          Harm