Re: Unable to Reflash Slug on unslung 6.8

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2006
      Cheers,

      Will email you!

      Sam

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bullfrog528" <yahoo@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I'm in the UK if you want me to have a go then email at webmaster
      at
      > this site @... and I'll sort you out with address
      > details.
      >
      > regards
      >
      > Bullfrog
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Sam" <sam@> wrote:
      > >
      > > My slug has been sitting there since july, and i'd love to get
      it
      > > back alive if someone can help
      > >

      > > Byron was going to send me a usb to serial cable, but he has
      been
      > > busy and such, and hasnt had time to sort it
      > >

      > > I was wondering if there is someone with some ideas, or someone
      who
      > > i could send it to in the UK to fix it for me?
      > >

      > > As the IRC group reckoned it would be revivable, just i wasnt
      able
      > > to do it via upslug or anything
      > >
      > > Cheers
      > >

      > > Sam

      > which
      > > > I've
      > > If
      > > > you
      > > email

      > > > Thanks for the offer, its seeming more and more likely i will
      > need
      > > > JTAG programmer as i couldnt get it to work from linux either.
      > > >
      > > > If theres someone uk based whoes done it already, it may be
      better

      > > > I did find a JTAG programmer on eBay, which ive bought for a
      > > tenner...
      > > >

      > > > But it does require some soldering it seems...
      > > >
      > > > Ugh!
      > > >
      > > > Can someone please advise me, as ive spent the last 2 or 3
      days
      > > > finding a linux live distro (other than ubuntu, cause its
      slow)
      > > that
      > > > had arping and GCC - Found PHLAK 0.3 which works
      > > >
      > > > Just my slug playing up!
      > > >

      > > > Sam

    • bullfrog528
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 13, 2006
        Hi

        Sam sent me his NSLU2, and I fitted 4 pins to give access to the
        serial port. I wasn't able to get the network connection to
        work,however it wouldn't even ping itself.

        So had to figure out how to do a complete upgrade using serial cable
        only.

        I've therefore generated a new wiki page on how to do this. However
        my wiki skills aren't great and with the preview not working it may
        require some tidying up visually.

        The page is here if someone could add it to the how-to's.

        http://www.nslu2-
        linux.org/wiki/HowTo/RecoverFromABadFlashUsingOnlyTheSerialPort

        Cheers

        Jeremy (Bullfrog)

      • Sam
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 13, 2006
          I added it to the How to for you earlier! Under "RedBoot/Flash"

          Will wikify it a bit for you, im more used to Mediawiki, but the
          principal is the same

          If anyone knows why the NIC wasn't accesible (and still isnt! in
          redboot) (But its fine in normal mode when booted up), i'd
          appreciate someone being able to tell me!

          Thanks Jeremy!