gnump3d install help for newbie

  • Brad Donovan
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28 8:03 PM
      Hi all, I am new to the group and a relative linux newbie. So far I
      have managed to get unslung 6.8 working and I have SSH working do to
      so excellent instructions I found through the wiki. I am now trying to
      get gnump3 working on my slug which is the main reason I bought it. I
      have gnump3d working in Ubuntu and I really like this program. I found
      the install directions and so far I have installed perl. I also
      installed coreutils because I read somewhere that it was nesesary. I
      have downloaded the gnump3d files and put them into my root folder.
      When I try "make install" I get "make: no such file or directory"
      Any help would be very much apreciated. I am new to linux so it might
      be something simple but I am stumped.

      Brad

      I am not sure if this belonds in the general group or the linux group
      so I posted it in both
    • harmaarts
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 29 8:59 AM
        Shouldnt you do a ./configure first?

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Donovan"
        <bradleydonovan@...> wrote:

        > Hi all, I am new to the group and a relative linux newbie. So far I
        > have managed to get unslung 6.8 working and I have SSH working do to
        > so excellent instructions I found through the wiki. I am now trying to
        > get gnump3 working on my slug which is the main reason I bought it. I
        > have gnump3d working in Ubuntu and I really like this program. I found
        > the install directions and so far I have installed perl. I also
        > installed coreutils because I read somewhere that it was nesesary. I
        > have downloaded the gnump3d files and put them into my root folder.
        > When I try "make install" I get "make: no such file or directory"
        > Any help would be very much apreciated. I am new to linux so it might
        > be something simple but I am stumped.
        >
        > Brad
        >

        > I am not sure if this belonds in the general group or the linux group
        > so I posted it in both

      • Harm Aarts
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 29 9:16 AM
          Hehe, I figured it out. You have to install make firts. 'ipkg install make'

        • Brad Donovan
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
            No sure what you me by ./configure

            On 9/29/06, harmaarts <harmaarts@...> wrote:

            > Shouldnt you do a ./configure first?
            >
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com <nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > "Brad Donovan"
            > <bradleydonovan@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi all, I am new to the group and a relative linux newbie. So far I
            > > have managed to get unslung 6.8 working and I have SSH working do to
            > > so excellent instructions I found through the wiki. I am now trying to
            > > get gnump3 working on my slug which is the main reason I bought it. I
            > > have gnump3d working in Ubuntu and I really like this program. I found
            > > the install directions and so far I have installed perl. I also
            > > installed coreutils because I read somewhere that it was nesesary. I
            > > have downloaded the gnump3d files and put them into my root folder.
            > > When I try "make install" I get "make: no such file or directory"
            > > Any help would be very much apreciated. I am new to linux so it might
            > > be something simple but I am stumped.
            > >
            > > Brad
            > >

            > > I am not sure if this belonds in the general group or the linux group
            > > so I posted it in both

          • Brad Donovan
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Harm Aarts" <harmaarts@...> wrote:

              > Hehe, I figured it out. You have to install make firts. 'ipkg
              install make'

              Ok I got it to install and when I run it, it indexes my music collection
              but when I try to access the server it seams to lock up the nslu2 and
              I have to reboot.
            • Harm Aarts
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
                Wow, That's pretty bad. I got it to install but when pointing my browser to
                the relevant ip and port it showed nothing, no error, no htm, nothing. The
                access log did log my visit. I can't help you any further sry.

                Harm