optware python breakage

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2006
      Hi all,

      In the transition from python to python + python24 + python25, I
      managed to break python. Fortunately there is a simple workaround.

      The new python package just sets the default python, currently
      python24. So it needs to depend on python24, the concrete package.

      If you do a

      ipkg update
      ipkg upgrade python

      For some reason ipkg will remove all files contained in python24
      that's overlapping with the old python package, leaving you almost
      nothing installed as python24.

      The workaround is to manually issue

      ipkg -force-reinstall install python24

      And everything will be back to normal.

      Sorry for the trouble I made, I actually don't know a better way to
      handle this.

      -Brian Zhou