Getting a little frustrated

  • hishnga_1999
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 17, 2004
      Hello there everyone. I am getting a little frustrated with my
      NSLU2. I am hoping someone here can help me make this thing behave.

      What I am seeing is that when I access the web interface on the
      NSLU2, the network interface goes offline for several minutes and
      then comes back online. I have it is the ethernet interface going
      offline because I have had ping running and all the sudden the NSLU2
      stops responding. That is when the web interface stops responding
      as well. I am using IE 6 SP2 on WinXP SP2.

      I have tried the Linksys 2.3R25 firmware, as well as the Unslung
      2.12-beta firmware, with the same thing in each. Note on the
      Unslung data, I just flashed it on, I did not then "unsling" the
      hard drive. If I need to do that I can.

      I have now tried 3 different hard drive in different USB
      enclosures. The final one being a brand new Maxtor One Touch 150GB
      drive. Same thing as before.

      I can certainly telnet into the system, edit all the config files by
      hand, and so on and so forth. But that seems a poor solution if the
      NSLU is going to go on and off line.

      I build my own PCs and such and am pretty knowledgeable of Linux.
      So I can certainly command line this entire thing, but I would
      really rather solve why this thing is going on and offline.

      Thanks!
    • hishnga@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 17, 2004
        One more observation. I just enable Telnet and when I telnet into the NSLU2
        the Ethernet port goes offline also.

        Maybe I should hit the big reset button on the back and then power it off.
        Maybe that will reset it all the way.

        Any other ideas?

        Thanks!

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • rakrektrek
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 31, 2004
          I am having the exact same problem. I thought I had a defective unit.
          But if other people are having this problem maybe there will be a fix
          soon.

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, <hishnga@h...> wrote:
          > One more observation. I just enable Telnet and when I telnet into
          the NSLU2
          > the Ethernet port goes offline also.
          >
          > Maybe I should hit the big reset button on the back and then power
          it off.
          > Maybe that will reset it all the way.
          >
          > Any other ideas?
          >
          > Thanks!

        • Colin Ho
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
            Are you by chance using a D-Link DI-624 router?

            If so you may want to consult the FAQ on the wiki.

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, <hishnga@h...> wrote:
            > One more observation. I just enable Telnet and when I telnet into
            the NSLU2
            > the Ethernet port goes offline also.
            >
            > Maybe I should hit the big reset button on the back and then power
            it off.
            > Maybe that will reset it all the way.
            >
            > Any other ideas?
            >
            > Thanks!

          • Computer Guy
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
              That was definitely the problem for me; I have the NSLU2 with the current
              firmware version plus the D-Link DI-624 router. Following something I read
              online I disabled UPnP on both the router and the NSLU2. Once I did that,
              my connectivity issues went away. So much for the "Universal" part of UPnP!

              Are you by chance using a D-Link DI-624 router?

              If so you may want to consult the FAQ on the wiki.

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, <hishnga@h...> wrote:
              > One more observation. I just enable Telnet and when I telnet into
              the NSLU2
              > the Ethernet port goes offline also.
              >
              > Maybe I should hit the big reset button on the back and then power
              it off.
              > Maybe that will reset it all the way.
              >
              > Any other ideas?
              >
              > Thanks!