Re: DVD burning ...

  • guy_nux
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006

      > Was anybody able to burn DVD's? I tried to burn DVD+R media with
      > growisofs but I think it takes too much memory and the kernel kills
      > all running processes. There is no official release of growisofs for
      > ARM so I just took the sources and compiled on the NSLU2. I use
      > DebianSlug and the clock is at 266 MHz.

      DVD burning works fine on a DebianSlug (turbo).
      But you have to reduce the buffer size :
      growisofs -use-the-force-luke=bufsize:16M -Z /dev/sr0 -R -J /myfile

      DVD streaming works also with vlc. Thus, you can watch any DVD
      streamed from the slug, on your laptop.
      Guy
    • Razvan Gornea
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2006
        I've just burned my first DVD using the NSLU2 ... I'm so happy :)

        Thanks a lot for your help!

        Razvan