https access to Linksys Web Interface

  • stephen_bainbridge
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
      I'm running unslung 5.5 and like the standard firmware the Linksys Web
      Interface runs on port 80 using http. Is it possible to change this so
      that it runs securely under https ?

      I need to access my Slug securely, but the firewall at work is rather
      clever and stops explicit access via SSH on the standard and non
      standard ports.

      Steve
    • Vidar Tysse
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
        "stephen_bainbridge"
        <s_bainbridge@...> wrote in message
        > I'm running unslung 5.5 and like the standard firmware the Linksys Web
        > Interface runs on port 80 using http. Is it possible to change this so
        > that it runs securely under https ?
        >
        > I need to access my Slug securely, but the firewall at work is rather
        > clever and stops explicit access via SSH on the standard and non
        > standard ports.
        >
        > Steve

        I've used stunnel for this.

        ipkg install stunnel

        Set stunnel up to listen to port 443 (or the port you want to use) and
        forward that to port 80.

        --
        __Vidar__
      • Phil Endecott
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2006
          > I need to access my Slug securely, but the firewall at work is rather
          > clever and stops explicit access via SSH on the standard and non
          > standard ports.

          If what you need is shell access through a firewall, have a look at Anyterm:

          http://anyterm.org/

          If it's not exactly what you want, the web site has a page comparing it to
          other remote-access methods; you may find something suitable there.

          Phil.