Re: Installing java running out of space

  • chaoztc
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2006
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Hiren Patel" <hiren426@...> wrote:

      > nsluggers,
      >
      > I'm trying to install java on my new NSLU. However, it runs out of
      > space when I try to install inital classpath package. I see that NSLU
      > has enough space to do so (see following out put):
      >
      > Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
      > /dev/mtdblock4 6.4M 5.4M 1008.0k 85% /
      > /dev/mtdblock4 6.4M 5.4M 1008.0k 85% /dev/.static/dev
      > tmpfs 10.0M 24.0k 10.0M 0% /dev
      > tmpfs 14.8M 20.0k 14.8M 0% /var
      > tmpfs 14.8M 0 14.8M 0% /media/ram
      >
      > From what I understand tmpfs has ~39.6MB of space collectively.
      >
      > Has anyone experienced this issue? or am I doing something wrong?
      > What is the procedure to allocate unused space on tmpfs to mtdblock4?
      > Any help will be highly appriciate it.

      aehm.. you can ask mr. merlin how to convert ram to rom :)

      tmpfs is a filesystem in ram, lost after reset.
      the ram of the nslu2 is 32Mbyte, meaning you can't use the full 39,6MB
      without swap, and you will loose it after a reset.

      you only possibility is to install java, or better, the whole system
      on a disk.
      look at: http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/DebianSlug/OpenDebianSlug
      It converts OpenSlug to OpenDebianSlug, means the nslu2 only boots the
      kernel from flash and the rest resided on a hardisk/usbstick.

      bye, Ingo