Can't map the NSLU2 to a drive

  • wfabel
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21 3:06 PM
      I can't even get the device to mount using map a drive.

      When I select map a drive I get a window when I select My Network
      Places...Entire Network...Microsoft Windows
      Network...RonsNetwork...Lkg0f984c and I get the hourglass but the OK
      button never becomes active....

      Can anyone help. LinkSys Support was stumped...Not that this is
      very difficult of course ;-)
    • wfabel
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 21 6:22 PM
        I got a better support person on my second call who knew the problem
        right away. I have a firewall which was blocking it. I should have
        caught that one myself. I figured I would post the resolution here
        so others can benifit from my mistake. You either need to shut down
        your firewall or configure it to allow local network access.