Re: [nslu2-general] Telnet

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
      > On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.

      Um, you can't telnet into the Linksys firmware (at least not since R29,
      for which you needed to access a hidden page to enable it).

      What on earth led you to believe that you could just telnet directly
      into the standard Linksys firmware (as opposed to flashing custom
      Unslung firmware first)?

      -- Rod
    • riabinraider
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006

        The admin pages say V2.3R24, is this what you are asking for?

        Harry

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

        > On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.
        > >

        > I don't know the details for the linksys firmware.
        >
        > --
        > Marceln

      • Marcel Nijenhof
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2006
          On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 06:54 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > The admin pages say V2.3R24, is this what you are asking for?

          Not really.

          The passwoord "root/uNSLUng" is used by the unslung firmware.
          After flashing unslung 6.x that will work.
          I don't know how to do that for the linksys firmware. But you can
          ask linksys the details.

          --
          Marceln