Re: [nslu2-general] Telnet

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
      On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.

      I don't know the details for the linksys firmware.

      --
      Marceln
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
        > On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.

        Um, you can't telnet into the Linksys firmware (at least not since R29,
        for which you needed to access a hidden page to enable it).

        What on earth led you to believe that you could just telnet directly
        into the standard Linksys firmware (as opposed to flashing custom
        Unslung firmware first)?

        -- Rod
      • riabinraider
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006

          The admin pages say V2.3R24, is this what you are asking for?

          Harry

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

          > On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.
          > >

          > I don't know the details for the linksys firmware.
          >
          > --
          > Marceln

        • Marcel Nijenhof
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5, 2006
            On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 06:54 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > The admin pages say V2.3R24, is this what you are asking for?

            Not really.

            The passwoord "root/uNSLUng" is used by the unslung firmware.
            After flashing unslung 6.x that will work.
            I don't know how to do that for the linksys firmware. But you can
            ask linksys the details.

            --
            Marceln