Re: Re: [nslu2-general] Telnet

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
      On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 09:53 +0100, Harry Roy wrote:
      > I have removed the disk drives and tried telnet root/uNSLUng
      > combination.
      > It just prompts for username and password again.
      >
      > It has the sticker "Manufactured 05/2006" as mentioned in other
      > emails.

      What firmware are you running?

      --
      Marceln
    • riabinraider
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006

        The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.

        -- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

        > On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 09:53 +0100, Harry Roy wrote:
        > > I have removed the disk drives and tried telnet root/uNSLUng
        > > combination.
        > > It just prompts for username and password again.
        > >
        > > It has the sticker "Manufactured 05/2006" as mentioned in other
        > > emails.
        > >

        > What firmware are you running?
        >
        > --
        > Marceln

      • Marcel Nijenhof
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
          On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.

          I don't know the details for the linksys firmware.

          --
          Marceln
        • Rod Whitby
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
            > On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.

            Um, you can't telnet into the Linksys firmware (at least not since R29,
            for which you needed to access a hidden page to enable it).

            What on earth led you to believe that you could just telnet directly
            into the standard Linksys firmware (as opposed to flashing custom
            Unslung firmware first)?

            -- Rod
          • riabinraider
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006

              The admin pages say V2.3R24, is this what you are asking for?

              Harry

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

              > On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.
              > >

              > I don't know the details for the linksys firmware.
              >
              > --
              > Marceln

            • Marcel Nijenhof
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 5, 2006
                On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 06:54 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > The admin pages say V2.3R24, is this what you are asking for?

                Not really.

                The passwoord "root/uNSLUng" is used by the unslung firmware.
                After flashing unslung 6.x that will work.
                I don't know how to do that for the linksys firmware. But you can
                ask linksys the details.

                --
                Marceln