Re: News Client

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2006
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "James Thomas" <jthomas@...> wrote:

      > Is there a news client available for the slug/Unslung? It would be
      > nice to be able to shoot .NZB files or something similar over to it so
      > it can handle large downloads instead of having my PC do them.

      tin and nget come to mind.

      I cross built nzbget and it is in optware feed, please test it if
      anyone get a chance.

      See http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_NzbGet for configuration example.

      -Brian Zhou
    • zvsmedia
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2006
        > I cross built nzbget and it is in optware feed, please test it if
        > anyone get a chance.

        Thanks so much! It seemed to install correctly and I think I have it
        configured right (mostly), but I must have missed something as I'm
        getting this error:

        # nzbget file.nzb
        m_iTrailingDataLength 775853
        recv: Resource temporarily unavailable
        nzbserver returned:

        I probably have something set incorrectly on my end. In any event -
        much appreciated! Having the Slug handle large downloads is a great
        application for it.