Re: Re: [nslu2-general] Telnet

  • Harry Roy
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
      Thanks,

      I take it that that is with the disks not connected.

      Harry

      > From: Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...>
      > Date: 2006/08/03 Thu AM 07:35:20 BST
      > To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [nslu2-general] Telnet
      >
      > On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 18:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
      >
      > > The first problem that I have come across is telneting in. I have
      > > enabled it and type in admin admin and then the connection is dropped.
      > > All I want to see is what the cpu is running at.
      >
      > root/uNSLUng
      >
      > --
      > Marceln

      Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
      Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software
    • Harry Roy
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006

        I have removed the disk drives and tried telnet root/uNSLUng
        combination.
        It just prompts for username and password again.

        It has the sticker "Manufactured 05/2006" as mentioned in other emails.

        Harry

        > From: Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...>
        > Date: 2006/08/03 Thu AM 07:35:20 BST
        > To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [nslu2-general] Telnet
        >
        > On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 18:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
        >
        > > The first problem that I have come across is telneting in. I have
        > > enabled it and type in admin admin and then the connection is dropped.
        > > All I want to see is what the cpu is running at.
        >
        > root/uNSLUng
        >
        > --
        > Marceln

        Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
        Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software
      • Marcel Nijenhof
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
          On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 09:53 +0100, Harry Roy wrote:
          > I have removed the disk drives and tried telnet root/uNSLUng
          > combination.
          > It just prompts for username and password again.
          >
          > It has the sticker "Manufactured 05/2006" as mentioned in other
          > emails.

          What firmware are you running?

          --
          Marceln
        • riabinraider
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006

            The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.

            -- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

            > On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 09:53 +0100, Harry Roy wrote:
            > > I have removed the disk drives and tried telnet root/uNSLUng
            > > combination.
            > > It just prompts for username and password again.
            > >
            > > It has the sticker "Manufactured 05/2006" as mentioned in other
            > > emails.
            > >

            > What firmware are you running?
            >
            > --
            > Marceln

          • Marcel Nijenhof
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
              On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.

              I don't know the details for the linksys firmware.

              --
              Marceln
            • Rod Whitby
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
                > On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
                >> Hi,
                >>
                >> The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.

                Um, you can't telnet into the Linksys firmware (at least not since R29,
                for which you needed to access a hidden page to enable it).

                What on earth led you to believe that you could just telnet directly
                into the standard Linksys firmware (as opposed to flashing custom
                Unslung firmware first)?

                -- Rod
              • riabinraider
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006

                  The admin pages say V2.3R24, is this what you are asking for?

                  Harry

                  --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

                  > On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:02 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > The unit is brand new, and is still ruuning what it came with.
                  > >

                  > I don't know the details for the linksys firmware.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Marceln

                • Marcel Nijenhof
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 5, 2006
                    On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 06:54 +0000, riabinraider wrote:
                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > The admin pages say V2.3R24, is this what you are asking for?

                    Not really.

                    The passwoord "root/uNSLUng" is used by the unslung firmware.
                    After flashing unslung 6.x that will work.
                    I don't know how to do that for the linksys firmware. But you can
                    ask linksys the details.

                    --
                    Marceln