News Client

  • James Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
      Is there a news client available for the slug/Unslung? It would be
      nice to be able to shoot .NZB files or something similar over to it so
      it can handle large downloads instead of having my PC do them.

    • Brian Zhou
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2006
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "James Thomas" <jthomas@...> wrote:

        > Is there a news client available for the slug/Unslung? It would be
        > nice to be able to shoot .NZB files or something similar over to it so
        > it can handle large downloads instead of having my PC do them.

        tin and nget come to mind.

        I cross built nzbget and it is in optware feed, please test it if
        anyone get a chance.

        See http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_NzbGet for configuration example.

        -Brian Zhou
      • zvsmedia
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2006
          > I cross built nzbget and it is in optware feed, please test it if
          > anyone get a chance.

          Thanks so much! It seemed to install correctly and I think I have it
          configured right (mostly), but I must have missed something as I'm
          getting this error:

          # nzbget file.nzb
          m_iTrailingDataLength 775853
          recv: Resource temporarily unavailable
          nzbserver returned:

          I probably have something set incorrectly on my end. In any event -
          much appreciated! Having the Slug handle large downloads is a great
          application for it.