usb io storage tower w/ nslu2

  • martin_vandiest
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      I recently picked up a scsi storage tower at a yard sale and want to
      switch out the the small scsi disks for 4 x 500GB IDE drives.
      Addonics makes a converter
      <http://www.addonics.com/products/io/ad4ideu2.asp> that will allow for
      a usb connection to the tower. There are jumpers on the converter that
      will allow you to select whether you what the tower to partitioned as 1
      big drive, 2 drives, or 4 individual drives. I wasn't able to find any
      postings of someone using the nslu2 in a setup like this so I don't what
      to expect if I were to plug the tower into the usb port on the nslu2 in
      any of the above mentioned configurations. (?)

      nslu2/unslung 5.5
      noob