Re: CVS Server

  • Phil Endecott
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
      > I was wondering if anyone has cross compiled the CVS server for the
      > slug? If so where can it be found?

      Brian, you probably didn't get a reply because your question wasn't very specific.
      There are numerous software distributions for the Slug (unslung, openslug, debian,
      etc.), all used by people on this list, and the answer will be different in each case.

      If you are using Debian, I think that installing the cvs package will
      include everything, both client and server (pserver).

      --Phil.
    • brianespranger
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Endecott"
        <spam_from_nslu2_general@...> wrote:

        > > I was wondering if anyone has cross compiled the CVS server for
        the
        > > slug? If so where can it be found?
        >
        > Brian, you probably didn't get a reply because your question wasn't
        very specific.
        > There are numerous software distributions for the Slug (unslung,
        openslug, debian,
        > etc.), all used by people on this list, and the answer will be
        different in each case.

        > If you are using Debian, I think that installing the cvs package
        will
        > include everything, both client and server (pserver).
        >
        > --Phil.

        Phil,
        I am using the unslung version 5.0. Can I use unslung version 5.0
        to create a cross compile tree, and just cross compile the cvs server
        on the slug? How difficult is it to upgrade the slug from unslung
        5.0 to the debian?

        Thanks,

        Brian Spranger