Re: CVS Server

  • brianespranger
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "brianespranger"
      <brianspranger@...> wrote:

      > I was wondering if anyone has cross compiled the CVS server for the
      > slug? If so where can it be found?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Brian Spranger

      I'm guessing no one has this working otherwise I would have gotten a
      response by now. How hard is it to setup a cross compile enviornment?
      If its not bad I will cross compile it for myself and try to post it
      for everyone else.

      Thanks,

      Brian
    • Phil Endecott
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
        > I was wondering if anyone has cross compiled the CVS server for the
        > slug? If so where can it be found?

        Brian, you probably didn't get a reply because your question wasn't very specific.
        There are numerous software distributions for the Slug (unslung, openslug, debian,
        etc.), all used by people on this list, and the answer will be different in each case.

        If you are using Debian, I think that installing the cvs package will
        include everything, both client and server (pserver).

        --Phil.
      • brianespranger
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Endecott"
          <spam_from_nslu2_general@...> wrote:

          > > I was wondering if anyone has cross compiled the CVS server for
          the
          > > slug? If so where can it be found?
          >
          > Brian, you probably didn't get a reply because your question wasn't
          very specific.
          > There are numerous software distributions for the Slug (unslung,
          openslug, debian,
          > etc.), all used by people on this list, and the answer will be
          different in each case.

          > If you are using Debian, I think that installing the cvs package
          will
          > include everything, both client and server (pserver).
          >
          > --Phil.

          Phil,
          I am using the unslung version 5.0. Can I use unslung version 5.0
          to create a cross compile tree, and just cross compile the cvs server
          on the slug? How difficult is it to upgrade the slug from unslung
          5.0 to the debian?

          Thanks,

          Brian Spranger