Re: XMail installation problem

  • bullfrog528
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2006
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "r0ger" <r0ger@...> wrote:

      > I have recently upgraded my Nslu2 to 6.8 (I have done a new fresh
      > installation of unslung). All the new installed applications run
      fine
      > (Ex. Apache and MySql) but ...
      >
      > I'm tryng to install xmail and I receive this message after the
      > succesfull installation of the ipkg xmail: ./XMail: error while
      > file: No such file or directory
      >
      > please someone can help me to solve this problem?
      >
      > thx

      Just ran into precisely the same problem.

      type the following

      ipkg update
      ipkg install libstdc++ ( this will probably say your upto date)
      ipkg install ldconfig ( this appears to fix the problem)

      You may also find it useful to add a Symbolic link from
      /var/MailRoot to opt so that the examples which tell you to type
      /var/MailRool/bin automatically find the programs in /opt/bin

      to do this type
      cd /var
      ln -s /opt MailRoot

      Hope this helps - if you have any other problems or fixes let me
      know, I'm currently trying to configure xmail on a raid1 mirrored
      unslung 6.8 system. Had to come up with my own procedure for building
      Raid1 on 6.8 couldn't get a consistent result from the original
      unslung 5.x underlying method.So will rewrite that went I get a
      chance.

      regards

      Bullfrog