SLUG for high quality video streaming

  • Andrzej WÄ…sowski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2006

      I have never used SLUG myself, so I need some qualified advice from you guys
      before I start my investments.

      I am considering building a home media player using M-Audio Audiophile USB as
      the main sound component or soemthing similar (see
      http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/AudiophileUSB-focus.html). Unfortunately
      I t seems to me that SLUG is too weak to feed this sound card up to 96khz
      quality. The specs (see link above) claim that you need "Pentium III 500mHz w/
      128MB RAM" for 96khz operation. What do you think?

      I would like to play the music using mpd (mostly flac,ogg,mp3 + some internet
      radio stations). Is this at all a feasible projects?

      I have seen some SLUG-based howtos on the internet on the topic, but they all
      used low quality, small requirements audio devices.

      If you think that NSLU2 is to weak for this, can you suggest something else? (I
      need something absolutely quiet).

      Thanks for helping.

      Andrzej