CVS Server

  • brianespranger
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2006
      I was wondering if anyone has cross compiled the CVS server for the
      slug? If so where can it be found?

      Thanks,

      Brian Spranger
    • brianespranger
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "brianespranger"
        <brianspranger@...> wrote:

        > I was wondering if anyone has cross compiled the CVS server for the
        > slug? If so where can it be found?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Brian Spranger

        I'm guessing no one has this working otherwise I would have gotten a
        response by now. How hard is it to setup a cross compile enviornment?
        If its not bad I will cross compile it for myself and try to post it
        for everyone else.

        Thanks,

        Brian
      • Phil Endecott
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
          > I was wondering if anyone has cross compiled the CVS server for the
          > slug? If so where can it be found?

          Brian, you probably didn't get a reply because your question wasn't very specific.
          There are numerous software distributions for the Slug (unslung, openslug, debian,
          etc.), all used by people on this list, and the answer will be different in each case.

          If you are using Debian, I think that installing the cvs package will
          include everything, both client and server (pserver).

          --Phil.
        • brianespranger
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Endecott"
            <spam_from_nslu2_general@...> wrote:

            > > I was wondering if anyone has cross compiled the CVS server for
            the
            > > slug? If so where can it be found?
            >
            > Brian, you probably didn't get a reply because your question wasn't
            very specific.
            > There are numerous software distributions for the Slug (unslung,
            openslug, debian,
            > etc.), all used by people on this list, and the answer will be
            different in each case.

            > If you are using Debian, I think that installing the cvs package
            will
            > include everything, both client and server (pserver).
            >
            > --Phil.

            Phil,
            I am using the unslung version 5.0. Can I use unslung version 5.0
            to create a cross compile tree, and just cross compile the cvs server
            on the slug? How difficult is it to upgrade the slug from unslung
            5.0 to the debian?

            Thanks,

            Brian Spranger