Slow transfer: ca 150KB/sec, why ?

  • iithomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2004
      I have a LaCie Porsche 250GB UBS2 disk connected to my NSLU2.
      I can't get the performance above ca 150KB/sec. Have tried with both
      2.3.25 and 2.3.24 version of the firmware whithout any better result.

      Have had contact with the support but they don't seem to have any idea
      why.

      Have shut down and restarted NSLU2 and also tried the other USB port
      (Disk2). Aprt form the perfomance problem all other have worked. My
      network is a 100mbp Ehernet. NSLU2 is connected to the same hub as my
      other computers. (The perfomance for these is far better, as expected.)

      TIA
      Thomas
    • iithomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2005
        As I have solved my problem I thought somebody else could have use of
        the info.

        I was fixed by changing my Netgear FE104 Fast Ethernet hub to a
        Netgear GS108 Giga Ethernet switch.
        Now the performance is about 3.3 MB/sec.
        So it seems that the problem was indeed failing negotiating of
        Ethernet protocol (as some said).

        Thomas