Lost with editing mt-daapd .conf

  • sinisterquarter
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2004
      hello

      I'm new to palying w/the NSLU and can not figure out how to edit the
      mt-daapd conf file. I followed the tutorial at nslu2-linux.org and
      have the server running, serving songs to iTunes yet I can not edit
      the .conf file...or even know how to edit it in the first place.

      When I type '/opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf' in a command line i get
      'Permission denied' back.

      how do I make the file re/writeable?

      is it in a directory on the HDDs? if so, where?

      I'm running Unslun 1.11 beta with:

      BusyBox v0.60.4 (2004.07.01-03:05+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
      mt-daapd 0.2.1-pre2
    • zappanl
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2005
        You problably found it yourselve but:

        use the built in editor vi line in: 'vi mt-daapd.conf'

        vi is the standard unix / linux editor but is not very user
        friendly. Look on the internet for a usermanual. You'll need it.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "sinisterquarter"