unslung 6.8 - ALSA Usb Audio

  • Tony Perry
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2006
      Any tips on getting started with configuring my C-Media USB audio
      device under UNslung 6.8?

      I was able to get it working under OpenSlug 3.10 Beta, but I was
      unhappy with the ipkg distribution for all the stuff that I wanted to
      use (php/mysql/apache). I have those 3 working under Unslung, but Ill
      be damned if I know where to start to get audio working here.

      Ive got the kernel audio modules installed, but Im not sure how to get
      alsa setup.

      ps - relatively green w/ linux hardware setup.
    • w_cross
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2006
        Did you ever get this to work?

        I've managed to do the first two steps of the SlugAsAudioPlayer but
        cannot find the alsa packages.

        What am I missing here and can anyone help?

        I'm running UNslung 6.8.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2006
          I've found that I can install and run madplay but get no sound.

          Not really sure what I'm looking for but have noticed that I don't
          have snd_usb_audio show up in lsmod where other people do (google
          being my friend).

          I'm using a USB Audio device obtained from eBay. Looks like the
          devices in some of the HowTo's so must be right (?).

          Anyone have an idea on what I should be checking to get sound out of
          the thing.

          Thanks