Backup disk 1 to disk 2 (segmentation fault)

  • peecock41
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2004
      I am using unslung 2.12 and have two 160 GB disks.

      Backing up disk 1 to 2 takes a few seconds according to the log.
      However, looking into the script /usr/sbin/drivertodrivercp (which is
      the job doing the actual backup then I find the binary
      /usr/sbin/drive_backup using the command

      /usr/sbin/drive_backup --copy /share/hdd/conf/ /share/flash/conf/

      (and another one for the data stuff). However running this command by
      hand reveals a segmentation fault when running drive_backup.

      Anyone noticed that? I don't know if it works on an original Linksys
      firmware, anyone can check this?

      And is there a fix for this.

      Albert
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2004
        http://slugbug.nslu2-linux.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2&pos=0

        In summary, the Linksys drive backup program can't backup symlinks,
        and there is no fix (other than installing the rsync package and
        modifying the script to use that instead).

        -- Rod