XMail installation problem

  • r0ger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18 3:21 PM
      I have recently upgraded my Nslu2 to 6.8 (I have done a new fresh
      installation of unslung). All the new installed applications run fine
      (Ex. Apache and MySql) but ...

      I'm tryng to install xmail and I receive this message after the
      succesfull installation of the ipkg xmail: ./XMail: error while
      file: No such file or directory

      please someone can help me to solve this problem?

      thx
    • bullfrog528
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31 10:39 AM
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "r0ger" <r0ger@...> wrote:

        > I have recently upgraded my Nslu2 to 6.8 (I have done a new fresh
        > installation of unslung). All the new installed applications run
        fine
        > (Ex. Apache and MySql) but ...
        >
        > I'm tryng to install xmail and I receive this message after the
        > succesfull installation of the ipkg xmail: ./XMail: error while
        > file: No such file or directory
        >
        > please someone can help me to solve this problem?
        >
        > thx

        Just ran into precisely the same problem.

        type the following

        ipkg update
        ipkg install libstdc++ ( this will probably say your upto date)
        ipkg install ldconfig ( this appears to fix the problem)

        You may also find it useful to add a Symbolic link from
        /var/MailRoot to opt so that the examples which tell you to type
        /var/MailRool/bin automatically find the programs in /opt/bin

        to do this type
        cd /var
        ln -s /opt MailRoot

        Hope this helps - if you have any other problems or fixes let me
        know, I'm currently trying to configure xmail on a raid1 mirrored
        unslung 6.8 system. Had to come up with my own procedure for building
        Raid1 on 6.8 couldn't get a consistent result from the original
        unslung 5.x underlying method.So will rewrite that went I get a
        chance.

        regards

        Bullfrog