Fail to get Samba information

  • Dave Licence
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2006
      Hi All,
      did a backup to a shared network location the other night - this has
      worked before OK, but this time one of the jobs failed with an error:
      Backup: Error occurs in job 'Software', permission is denied.

      The error might not have anything to do with what happened next, but
      if so its a big coincidence. After a couple of hours the mapped drive
      I have to the NSLU2 in Windows went down. I rebooted the NSLU, and now
      it has decided to reset to the standard factory IP address - I can
      still connect to it over the GUI using a route mapping and that
      192.168.1.77 IP Address. However, when I navigate to any of the
      advanced pages in the GUI I get the message
      Fail to get Samba information
      Trying to change any of the settings and apply - like setting the IP
      address - gives the same message.

      I can see the mapped drive again in Windows, using the 77 IP address -
      so I guess Samba must be working. However, because the box is on a
      separate IP sub-net, my music player can't see the Twonky service, so
      I really need to get those old settings back.

      I have tried the Restore Default Config option - that just gives me
      the Samba message again.

      Any help appreciated!