NTFS Disks

  • Steve Phariss
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2006
      What is the benifit to connecting NTFS disks to the slug over the native
      disk support? is it to have the ability to connect the disk directly to a
      windows box?

      Steve

    • zvsmedia
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2006
        > What is the benifit to connecting NTFS disks to the slug over
        > the native disk support? is it to have the ability to connect
        > the disk directly to a windows box?

        In a word - yup. If you're simply going to hook up two drives with no
        plans to move them you're better off having them natively formatted.
        More stable, possibly faster, etc.
      • simonhancock1967
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2006
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "zvsmedia" <jthomas@...> wrote:

          > > What is the benifit to connecting NTFS disks to the slug over
          > > the native disk support? is it to have the ability to connect
          > > the disk directly to a windows box?
          > >
          > In a word - yup. If you're simply going to hook up two drives with no
          > plans to move them you're better off having them natively formatted.
          > More stable, possibly faster, etc.

          I have thought about converting my EXT3 external drives to NTFS, but I
          understand that this would mean that I couldn't control shares &
          access on the disks. Is this correct?
        • Mike (mwester)
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2006