Cannot change user password

  • Fraser Winters
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7 8:07 AM
      I had an old slug lying around that I recently brought back into action to use
      as a simple file share. Upgraded to Unsling 6.8 and fitted disk, did not
      unsling to disk. Can create users but cannot change password of users via web
      interface after account has been created. I get the following error box

      "Error: Unable to open file"

      Anyone have any ideas on this?

      I have also tried going back to stock Linksys firmware and have also reset
      sysconfig area but there still appears to be something left over from Unlung
      as I still get the unsling logo in top left corner even though firmware
      version is shown as 2.3R63. Still get the above error with this firmware
      installed? This was all done with no disk attached to machine and following
      reset procedure from wiki (Telnet into redboot and using sercom to flash).

      How do you remove all traces of Unslung from the system.

      Thanks
      Fraser
    • William Byrd
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8 8:28 AM
        Clear your browser's history. That's likely the cause of the slug logo
        remaining.
        A reflash of the the slug with the stock firmware will clean it up for you.

        >I have also tried going back to stock Linksys firmware and have also reset
        >sysconfig area but there still appears to be something left over from
        Unlung
        >as I still get the unsling logo in top left corner even though firmware
        >version is shown as 2.3R63.

      • fraser_winters
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10 2:42 AM
          Have tried reflash and also tried reload of page in browser. Just
          tried clearing cache and that has corrected image as suggested,
          thanks for the suggestion. Now just my main problem which is that it
          will not allow me to change passwords for users using the change
          password screen. I had thought this was related to something from
          unslung version hanging around but I guess not, anyone have any
          ideas?

          Thanks
          Fraser

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "William Byrd" <bill@...>