emerge --sync failes with gentoo installed on openslug 3.1

  • gweissenseel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2006
      I have succesfully installed the openslug 3.1 and the stage3 tar and
      the portage tree.
      I can boot into the gentoo environment, but I can not update the
      package list with
      emerge --sync
      it failes with the following message

      Server Address : 134.68.220.97
      Contact Name : mirror-admin@...
      Hardware : 1 x Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz, 2176MB RAM

      Please note: common gentoo-netiquette says you should not sync more
      than once a day. Users who abuse the rsync.gentoo.org rotation
      may be added to a temporary ban list.

      MOTD brought to you by motd-o-matic, version 0.3

      receiving file list ...
      120894 files to consider
      rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (2794997 bytes read so far)
      rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
      io.c(189)
      >>> retry ...

      any idea or help

      thanks

      Guenter
    • gweissenseel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2006
        Problem solved the swapfile space was not activated

        guenter