I accidentaly deleted /etc/rc.d/rc.xinetd, where I can I get a new one?

  • mkotsalainen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006
      I use unslung and accidentaly deleted the /etc/rc.d/rc.xinetd file.
      Does anybody know how I could get hold of the original copy?

      thanks! matti
    • peter richard
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
        contents of /etc/rc.d/rc.xinetd file between the stars:

        ************************************
        #!/bin/sh

        if ( [ -f /unslung/rc.xinetd ] && . /unslung/rc.xinetd ) ; then return
        0 ; fi

        if [ -n "`pidof inetd`" ] ;then
        killall inetd 2>/dev/null
        # killall -9 inetd &>/dev/null
        fi

        /bin/inetd &>/dev/null
        ************************************

        On Jul 6, 2006, at 12:12 PM, mkotsalainen wrote:

        > I use unslung and accidentaly deleted the /etc/rc.d/rc.xinetd file.
        > Does anybody know how I could get hold of the original copy?
        >
        > thanks! matti
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Robert Hammond
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
          In message <e8jcp8+a291@...>, mkotsalainen
          <mkotsalainen@...> writes
          >I use unslung and accidentaly deleted the /etc/rc.d/rc.xinetd file.
          >Does anybody know how I could get hold of the original copy?
          >
          >thanks! matti

          There is a master copy stored in /initrd/etc/rc.d/rc.xinetd

          The /initrd folder is located on the internal flash ram, this whole
          folder structure is copied to the hard disk when unslinging.
          --
          Robert Hammond
          PGP:0x154144DA