ctorrent corrupts my torrent downloads?

  • Ludo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2006
      Hi all,

      Background info:
      I have encountered a strange ctorrent issue
      For about a year ago I started using py bittorrent because of the user friendlyness of the program, being less cryptical etc. Before that I used ctorrent.
      At the end I stopped using ctorrent because it did seem that downloads were 'correctly' and completely downloaded, but did not work.
      All py downloads are correct all the time.

      The drawback of py bittorrent is the huge consumption of nslu2 resources. Ctorrent is lean, mean, and fast.
      Now, for a week, I started trying ctorrent again (I forgot about the sometimes corrupted downloads of ctorrent).

      Situation:
      I have downloaded a movie (a test stream from a friend of mine) using ctorrent.
      This movie is correct at the source, and downloads without messages to my nslu2.

      Problem:
      But: when I watch the movie, it mixes the start and the end of the movie at random intervals, with a lot of mpg artifact distortion.
      The original it 100%. The download not even near.

      What am I doing wrong? Is it ctorrent or is it me?

      My command for downloading was:
      ctorrent -p 7000 <torrent name>

      I was downloading another stream with ctorrent on -p 7001 at that time too.

      Thanks for sharing your answer,

      Ludo