Re: Super SLOW

  • mshilly
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
      I had the same problems right after upgrading firmware. I power
      cycled the NSLU2 and now it is back to it's normally slow 405 MBytes
      per second.

      Mark S.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "daviobrien" <daviobrien@y...>
      wrote:

      > I'm getting 100-400 KB/sec for a 300 meg file. I've tried saving
      > from the http site and from windows explorer. I'm connecting to a
      > netgear WGT634U then wireless over G. I'm not close to full on
      > network utilization if I look on the Networking tab in windows task
      > manager. Hard drive is new WD 250 gig. I upgraded to the latest
      > firmware from Linksys.
      >
      > Any ideas? thanks
    • mshilly
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
        I meant 4-5 Mbytes/sec

        Mark S.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "mshilly" <mshill@r...> wrote:

        > I had the same problems right after upgrading firmware. I power
        > cycled the NSLU2 and now it is back to it's normally slow 405
        MBytes
        > per second.
        >
        > Mark S.
        >

        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "daviobrien"
        <daviobrien@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > I'm getting 100-400 KB/sec for a 300 meg file. I've tried saving
        > > from the http site and from windows explorer. I'm connecting to
        > > netgear WGT634U then wireless over G. I'm not close to full on
        > > network utilization if I look on the Networking tab in windows
        task
        > > manager. Hard drive is new WD 250 gig. I upgraded to the latest
        > > firmware from Linksys.
        > >
        > > Any ideas? thanks
      • daviobrien
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2004
          Thanks. I was about to throw the thing in the trash. I turned it
          off before bed and everything was better in the morning. I'm
          getting 2.5 MB/s over my wireless connection.

        • dgyp@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 17, 2005
            I am getting very poor performance over wireless too. uPNP doesn't
            seem to do the trick, I've turned it off all over my network (I
            think, I'm not sure about a print server and my wireless bridge
            doesn't have a setting either (DWL-G810)).

            Anyway, I find that for uncompressed files - I made a 50GB text file
            it transfers at about 20Mbps. But compressed is all over the place,
            from 0.1 to 5 to 10 back to .2, etc (all Mbps).

            Since I want to store and transfer mp3s on this thing I am starting
            to think I spent a buttload of money on something that's not going
            to work. (Going wired isn't an option here...)

            DI-624 router, DWL-G810 bridge. And yes, I've seen some complaints
            about the router. No issues when I run a wire into the other room!