Super SLOW

  • daviobrien
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
      I'm getting 100-400 KB/sec for a 300 meg file. I've tried saving
      from the http site and from windows explorer. I'm connecting to a
      netgear WGT634U then wireless over G. I'm not close to full on
      network utilization if I look on the Networking tab in windows task
      manager. Hard drive is new WD 250 gig. I upgraded to the latest
      firmware from Linksys.

      Any ideas? thanks
    • mshilly
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
        I had the same problems right after upgrading firmware. I power
        cycled the NSLU2 and now it is back to it's normally slow 405 MBytes
        per second.

        Mark S.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "daviobrien" <daviobrien@y...>
        wrote:

        > I'm getting 100-400 KB/sec for a 300 meg file. I've tried saving
        > from the http site and from windows explorer. I'm connecting to a
        > netgear WGT634U then wireless over G. I'm not close to full on
        > network utilization if I look on the Networking tab in windows task
        > manager. Hard drive is new WD 250 gig. I upgraded to the latest
        > firmware from Linksys.
        >
        > Any ideas? thanks
      • mshilly
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
          I meant 4-5 Mbytes/sec

          Mark S.

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "mshilly" <mshill@r...> wrote:

          > I had the same problems right after upgrading firmware. I power
          > cycled the NSLU2 and now it is back to it's normally slow 405
          MBytes
          > per second.
          >
          > Mark S.
          >

          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "daviobrien"
          <daviobrien@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > I'm getting 100-400 KB/sec for a 300 meg file. I've tried saving
          > > from the http site and from windows explorer. I'm connecting to
          > > netgear WGT634U then wireless over G. I'm not close to full on
          > > network utilization if I look on the Networking tab in windows
          task
          > > manager. Hard drive is new WD 250 gig. I upgraded to the latest
          > > firmware from Linksys.
          > >
          > > Any ideas? thanks
        • daviobrien
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2004
            Thanks. I was about to throw the thing in the trash. I turned it
            off before bed and everything was better in the morning. I'm
            getting 2.5 MB/s over my wireless connection.

          • dgyp@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 17, 2005
              I am getting very poor performance over wireless too. uPNP doesn't
              seem to do the trick, I've turned it off all over my network (I
              think, I'm not sure about a print server and my wireless bridge
              doesn't have a setting either (DWL-G810)).

              Anyway, I find that for uncompressed files - I made a 50GB text file
              it transfers at about 20Mbps. But compressed is all over the place,
              from 0.1 to 5 to 10 back to .2, etc (all Mbps).

              Since I want to store and transfer mp3s on this thing I am starting
              to think I spent a buttload of money on something that's not going
              to work. (Going wired isn't an option here...)

              DI-624 router, DWL-G810 bridge. And yes, I've seen some complaints
              about the router. No issues when I run a wire into the other room!