Re: /etc/win_share.info

  • mujjauk
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2006
      Entries are only created in this file for NTFS disks. On each reboot
      an entry for every attached NTFS (I have 4 on a hub on port 1) disk
      is created, HDD_1_1_1, HDD_1_2_1, etc. And if I 'hot-plug' a NTFS
      disk in this file updates itself.

      The only solution I have is to manualy edit the file and remove the
      entries and startup and when I connect a disk.

      The problem is each HDD_1_x_1 share is created with 777 permissions
      giving anyone with access to the NAS via LAN or FTP full access to
      the whole contents of the attached disk, regardless of what network
      shares/permissions already exist for sub-folders.

      If someone would write me a script which examined the contents of
      this file every 5 mins and deleted all entries, please :)