Re: NSLU2 stopped showing up under Network on a Mac laptop

  • Sabrina Vernet
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Kalle Grabowski" <marcusfliss@w...> wrote:
      > What happens if you try to send a ping to the NSLU2s IP-adress? Do
      > you get any response? I am not that familiar with Macs but normally
      > you should be able to mount the nslu2 by using the IP-adress, regard
      > less whether it shows up in the network neighbourhood or not...
      >
      > By the way, my nslu2 never shows up in the network neighborhood,
      > still it works fine with no problems...

      Yes it works fine in other ways and shows up under winXP (SP2) in the network
      neighborhood. It was showing up on the Mac laptop under the quirky conditions described
      then stopped.

      Pinging it works fine and the web interface works fine (except no uploads to it, of course).
      Based on your comments I did a quick search in my menu bar and found a menu option
      under "Go" called "Connect to Server" ... bingo! Using "smb://192.168.1.77" for the server
      address works perfectly.

      This solves my immediate need. So this probably means it's some peculiarity of the Mac
      OS X Samba interface. Thanks so much for the tip.