Re: Transfer speed issues again

  • mshilly
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
      With windows and a clock, I measured about 4-5 MBytes per second
      transfers. The low end was with large quantities of 4MB MP3 files.
      The upper end of the range is for 1GByte vob (DVD Video) files.

      It is for sure that the NSLU2 will not max out your 100Mb network,
      however, 4Mbytes is plenty of bandwidth to serve up web pages on a
      1Mb uplink and serve NTSC DVD video to a hardware media player and
      still have something left to serve up multiple MP3 streams.

      The real question is "is there enough memory in the thing to run
      thttp and a media server at the same time?"

      Mark S.

      -- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Kalle Grabowski"